Davis™ Attention Mastery
A drug-free solution to ADD/ADHD
The Davis™ Attention Mastery programme addresses:
- Training of self-regulation techniques to recognise lack of focus and what to do about it
- Self-awareness tools for reducing stress and controlling energy levels
- Speech and hearing skills
- Balance and co-ordination improvement
- How to develop and maintain relationships with others
- Time management and organisation skills
- Training in how to use creativity as a learning tool
- Training for a family member or support person
- Materials required for post programme work
- Three 1-2 hour follow-up review sessions
- Unlimited email and phone consultation with facilitator
The Davis™ Attention Mastery Programme teaches the individual the same core techniques of focus, energy management and relaxation that are taught in other Davis programmes. Then the core concepts of change, consequence, cause, effect, before, after, time, sequence, order and disorder are mastered in clay and experienced in the real world so that they become part of the identity of the individual.
Situations that are problematic for an individual are discussed and modelled to assist them to self-discover alternative behaviours that will bring desirable outcomes.
We are not changing who they are, just adding to their understanding of how the world works so that they can have certainty with their life. When life works the way we expect it to, surprises are reduced and frustration is minimised.
- Increased self-esteem
- Ability to control energy level
- Improved self-management in social situations
- Improved ability to maintain attention focus
How long does it take?
Typically an Attention Mastery programme will take 5 days. If the person is also dyslexic, then it will take about 8 days to cover both these issues.
Professional services described as Davis™, including Davis™ Dyslexia Correction, Davis™ Symbol Mastery, Davis™ Orientation Counseling, Davis™ Attention Mastery, Davis™ Math Mastery, and Davis™ Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.